Tuesday, April 8, 2008

How Do You Get To Carnegie Hall?


How do you get to Carnegie Hall? The answer used to be "Practice, practice, practice." You may still have to practice to get there but the hall does do a good bit of tourist business renting out the space for any number of student or amateur organizations. I'd rather not have had to pay for the experience this past weekend but I was happy to pay for the privilege. (I still practiced quite a bit.)

Spent my money on beer, street musicians and pedacabbies who didn't know Westside from Eastside. He did manage to cross Times Square three times on the way to our destination. I made better headway on foot.



Now, back home, time for reflection and plenty of rest. Time to start practicing for the ensemble's next performance. Come hear the group at the Village Presbyterian Church on Sunday, April 27th, 7pm.

No comments: