Monday, November 16, 2009

Sweeping Up

Having put on a new roof and painted the exterior of my little farm house, I am ready for the approaching winter climate. Time to turn inward.

The deconstruction phase of the inside of the house is just about finished. All of the wallpaper is gone and only one stubborn sheet of paneling remains. A "skim coat" will provide the last step in stretching a blank canvas upon the house's interior frame.

It is a wonder how wide the bids have been on this job. I was quoted the rate that a "union" contractor would ask at $20,000. A more reasonable bid came in somewhere less than half of that. The winner was under $2K. Go figure. I have seen his work in a similar restoration project just up the street from my place and I know the man can deliver.

I'm hoping he has a friend that refinishes floors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.